Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Ouch

Preston
Super Contributor
You seems rattled.....Simon.
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
really ?! an why would I be rattled ?? why don't you make yourself useful and go find some bugs on our new website design launched today .. justonelap.com
Preston
Super Contributor
Just for the record, Simon did not say that. I am just messing around with him. .
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
you see easy .. now found any bugs ??
Preston
Super Contributor
Russ
Super Contributor
Preston, MTA looks good but needs to get above 2600 to break out of its down channel. It bounced off the neckline of a massive head and shoulders at 2100 so you better watch that level. What I like is the buy divergence on the weekly chart and the double bottom.
Not applicable
MTA is just crazy cheap right now. Despite the automotive sector being in recession in SA, they are improving both top and bottom line, they are forecasting battery sales in Europe taking up an additional 1/rd of production capacity, and the EU is reporting growth in the vehicle markets. It is just the local market that is still poked - but they have successfully hedged themselves here. A good long term bet here.
Hali
Super Contributor
Rumours are starting to circulate that a 500 million dollar settlement is in the works. Nigerian senate wants to settle..
Eurostar
Contributor
Where the rumours coming from?
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
Hali
Super Contributor
Remember my comment in the next week..When MTN is R150+..
Preston
Super Contributor
Hali, i will be a buyer at R110.
Hali
Super Contributor
Preston its 15% to go to R110.. If you so confident short it.. I dare you..
Hali
Super Contributor
I have put my money behind my rumours and am long MTN..Do you have the same conviction in your prediction/analysis?
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
don't mind preston, he just likes trolling
Preston
Super Contributor
I do not trust this market. It has nothing to do with MTN.
Not applicable
personally, I think it is a pretty safe trade. You are dealing with a binary event - the fine gets lifted or enforced. The market has already priced option B (enforcement), so further downside risk is relatively minimal. Upside though - well the swing will be huge if they announce a settlement. You won't be able to catch it after an announcement, so if this is your play - go for it. I am tempted to do the same, actually.
Preston
Super Contributor
MSCI index is currently below resistance, which use be previously support level. Unless resistance now become support level , there is now such thing as a safe investment even if you work for MTN and the Nigeria Govt. That is the long and Short RAMS of things!!!!
Preston
Super Contributor
MSCI index is currently below resistance, which use be previously support level. Unless resistance now become support level , there is now such thing as a safe investment even if you work for MTN and the Nigeria Govt. That is the long and Short RAMS of things!!!!
suki
Super Contributor
I spotted Hali at MTN. does he work there?