Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

PSG: bubble ready to burst?

AP
Regular Contributor
Just wonder, is PSG a bubble ready to burst? I'm still holding, but plan to sell at the first sign of weakness. Any thoughts about this share?
15 REPLIES 15
mullet_fish
Regular Contributor
Quality assets having a great run ! I would enjoy the ride .....hope it gets to be Remgro / Aspen / Naspers.....
AP
Regular Contributor
The ride so far is great! I think Anchor, Aspen, Coronation, etc. could be next (or soon)....
kwagga
Super Contributor
They are not functioning in isolation. They won't burst unless the rest of the market burst. Don't anticipate. Ride this bull trend out and adjust your stop loss accordingly. Best to let the market take you out. Your timing will be off, guaranteed.
AP
Regular Contributor
Kwagga. Great advice, thanks! I'm operating without stop losses since 2013 (when I've started) and I know this is risky. Will take the time this evening and add stop losses...
mullet_fish
Regular Contributor
Be generous with the stop loss if you can afford it (+- 15%, more)...allows for short term corrections...being stopped out when holding a long term asset and then it "corrects" 2-300% (over a year or two) is very painful! It is a mistake new investors make time and time again....and then they go back into the asset at the higher price!~
AP
Regular Contributor
Thanks for specifics about stop loss. Do i use a 'trailing(?) loss' stop loss?
AP
Regular Contributor
Thanks for specifics about stop loss. Do i use a 'trailing(?) loss' stop loss?
kwagga
Super Contributor
Yes trailing. Say 15% trailing. PSG has run incredibly hard, although it could continue, it's more likely to take a breather sooner rather than later. Also, don't get emotionally attached to this share. It could easily go down to R146.
WES
Super Contributor
I think 15 % is too much. You can always get back into the share, I say 3 times average trading range, which on PSG should be 6,5 to 7,5 %. Taking profits or locking in profits have never hurt anybody. Be careful of trailing stop losses, I use fixed stop losses, because it cancels out the intra day up movements, remember if a shares moves a lot up during the day but closes where it opened, if you have a trailing stop loss, it would have move a lot up, and you might get stopped out unnecessarily in the days ahead. Always have stop losses on everything !! Even if you don't think you have to. I have got the t-shirt.
markeyMark
Contributor
kwagga
Super Contributor
I see Jannie Mouton sold R45 mil of shares via share incentive scheme. Maybe time to watch carefully.
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
I'll see your Mouton sale and raise you a CPI through R550
AP
Regular Contributor
Share price up with nearly 10% since I've posted this message for the first time. I was concerned at that point in time that the share is getting to expensive and it is time to sell. This demonstrates the importance of 'riding the trend'...
samoa
Super Contributor
Running like this for past 10years....possible, but unlikely to change
Not applicable
these shares is one of the strongest shares to hold on jse. over the last few years, all it did was go up and up and up and will continue to go that road. the demand is to high. no shortage. if people hold there shares this price will rise alot. but many fear like you and sell it off. but always sorry a few months down the line