Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Platform met?

Not applicable
What do you guys think. Has Steinhoff reached the top of their platform for now?
4 REPLIES 4
geordie1
Super Contributor
you are probably right.I see this share as predominantly a rand hedge and if the authorities are successful in restoring some confidence in SA then the rand has a good chance to stabilise and possible recover some strength.If you beleive long term rand will weaken against most currencies then this is the type of share that is worth holding onto.I am interested to see what the level of dividend will be declared-while lots of big increases in stats is visible the underlying profit per share is not yet clear to me.I am hopeful of a decent div based on my initial purchase price.v happy with capital growth .
Vince888
Regular Contributor
Georgie, I am also interested to see the dividend at financial year end. What I am particular curious about is if they will declare their dividends in Euros since listing on the Dax. In my opinion, I think SNH will go beyond R100 in the longer term.
partridge
Super Contributor
I don't like their accounting. I do chuckle when I see the words "rand hedge " floating around. What does that mean? If it means your focus is on the fact that the company has its earnings base outside RSA that is one thing. But my concern is that the quality and sustainability of those earnings is sometimes overlooked - ie the question is - will this company earn profits and distribute income sufficient to commensurate the investor for a trading risk undertaken? Steinhoff - well I don't know... I don't think so though ?
geordie1
Super Contributor
your scepticism is understandeable and I share this .the capital growth has been exceptional and I also wonder if their is genuine profit in the business.The div will maybe give us an idea-I am very happy the my portfolio has a rand hedge component and that makes me chuckle too