Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Ready for a run!?!

THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
Looks ready to break out of this range to the upside in the UK. Which makes sense given the ZAR/GBP action.
5 REPLIES 5
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
The GBP conversion must add 4p to her earnings per share - or 60p to her price... hmmm!
prancing_horse
Super Contributor
Hope you right, bought another parcel this afternoon.
Russ
Super Contributor
I don't see any indication that it's turning yet. The only thing in its favour is that it's oversold, but at the moment I don't think that counts for much.
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
The GBP/ZAR is killing everything! I have taken some more as I am hoping they will view it as a hedge stock in the UK. Ditto INP. I remain wary of the Rand but I am reluctant to add to straight hedges as the trend appears clear. I am fast running out of ideas in this market.
Russ
Super Contributor
What I see from the monthly chart is that in both 2003 and 2009 (when the pound tanked against our rand), even when the monthly rsi and sto got into oversold territory it still took a long time for the gbp-zar to turn, as the momentum just took it lower and lower. I will wait until there is a buy divergence on these monthly indicators before I go all in on the rand hedges. Just my view.