Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Rights offer Share up or down?

Brainware
Frequent Contributor
If I look at the charts of WHL and SHF with their rights offer, the share price went down with the announcement for a few days What would be making the difference with DSY? It went down sharply 2 days ago and up yesterday
12 REPLIES 12
Vince888
Regular Contributor
They released excellent results yesterday
Vince888
Regular Contributor
They released excellent results yesterday
Brainware
Frequent Contributor
How does the share price usually react to a rights offer?
Vince888
Regular Contributor
Sorry meant on 24th. Think market only saw it yesterday as this was somehow not posted on ost sens
Vince888
Regular Contributor
Normally it plummets close to the rights price.
Vince888
Regular Contributor
I think in my opinion market does not know what to do with dsy as R90 rights is heavily discounted considering the stock has been rerated as a result of good interim results
Brainware
Frequent Contributor
Thanx Vince I am confused of how does the "sentiment" work around these rights offers I will watch further
Creature_of_the
Super Contributor
I dont see where the say if its one for one or what the ratio will be per share owned , or is that still to be announced?..
Creature_of_the
Super Contributor
I dont see where the say if its one for one or what the ratio will be per share owned , or is that still to be announced?..
Brainware
Frequent Contributor
The Rights Issue will be offered at an issue price of R90.00 per Discovery share.
Vince888
Regular Contributor
The ratio still to be announced
partridge
Super Contributor
This lot will be expanding their share capital for years to come. ( "Thank you South Africa" )