Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

SHORT heaven

Eurostar
Contributor
AGL playing Tom Petty's "Free Fallin"
16 REPLIES 16
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
Well - it did jump R20 in the last 2 sessions. So it is basically giving it back. Gut wrenching ride. Either you trade it like a demon - or just ignore it! I've tried to do both in separate holdings - might be on he verge of some kind of psychotic episode.
Eurostar
Contributor
Anglo American plc (LON:AAL) had its price target increased by research analysts at Morgan Stanley from GBX 400 ($5.72) to GBX 420 ($6.01) in a research report issued on Tuesday, MarketBeat reports. The firm presently has an “underweight” rating on the mining company’s stock. Morgan Stanley’s price objective would indicate a potential downside of 23.15% from the stock’s previous clos
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
If Morgan Stanley thinks that - then I am happy to stay long. They invented the CDS - so who can argue with their selfless opinion.
Rams
Super Contributor
it just came off its daily 200 and all the oscillators are grouping at the top...
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
That is more worrying. And that is why I cleared my last packet and hold my 30 000 long only.
Preston
Super Contributor
@Treshold, Firstly, well done. Secondly What is your plan of action is any of the 2 scenario's play out 2.1) Rating kept constant/unchanged? 2.2) SARB hike interest rate?
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
Probably buy some banks stock back. Long term - I think the Rand is heading in on direction - so not much to do really. Bought back some IMP - that is a bit of a mess and Rand strength will make it worse - so I'll probably dump those. At this point - things are moving so fast - it can make you dizzy.
Preston
Super Contributor
Okay, you do have a plan. Once again, well played.
Rams
Super Contributor
well, small pop on the ALSI...and US FED meet this week....so ALSI close out, SAQRB and FED...so busy week.
Rams
Super Contributor
Preston
Super Contributor
@Rams,@Thresh. Look for a sustained rally from the banks and MTN. These stocks are going to finish this week extremely strongly. I have already taken my long positions.(omo)
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
For the most part - on the JSE - I have my big positions in foreign property stocks, REI AND smaller positions in some ZAR sensitive (in a good way) small caps and then some AGL, GND, NPK - so not really much to do. Anyway - fiddling with my REI type stuff will cause a TAX nightmare - so REALLY nothing to do
Preston
Super Contributor
@Rams,@Thresh. Look for a sustained rally from the banks and MTN. These stocks are going to finish this week extremely strongly. I have already taken my long positions.(omo). You can still short MTA
Preston
Super Contributor
@Rams,@Thresh. Look for a sustained rally from the banks and MTN. These stocks are going to finish this week extremely strongly. I have already taken my long positions.(omo). You can still short MTA
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
For the most part - on the JSE - I have my big positions in foreign property stocks, REI AND smaller positions in some ZAR sensitive (in a good way) small caps and then some AGL, GND, NPK - so not really much to do. Anyway - fiddling with my REI type stuff will cause a TAX nightmare - so REALLY nothing to do
Preston
Super Contributor
Firstrand and MTN