Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Share Value

JeanStocker
Contributor
Based on the released results etc, what does that actually put the value of a share? is it currently over priced or under priced?
9 REPLIES 9
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
BullsnBears
Contributor
Hi Simon, Could you please elaborate a little more on why you think it's cheap. It's a share that I've recently been looking into.
JeanStocker
Contributor
If it is cheap why aren't they buying it why isn't the price standing still?
Galuc
Super Contributor
Reminds me of the peach vendor when asked, "Is jou perske soet?" He replies, "Ja my lanie, hulle se niks, hulle bewe nie eers nie"
geordie1
Super Contributor
the whole market looks expensive to me and most people agree with that view.that is not to say it may go higher,this share looks "cheap" compared to rest of an expensive market-as an investor it looks like it has very decent recent capital appreciation but does not pay dividends and therefore is not particularily attractive for me but who knows the bull market may well carry on its merry way and pull this share to higher highs-its an interesting game
Rams
Super Contributor
overpriced.Cheap would put the average PE at about 7.8. So price should be around 720c.
klapka
Super Contributor
The best share I've bought over the past 25 years. If you study their business model you will know it is very cheap. A 20 bagger over the past 4 years. I expect the share price to double again over the next 2 years. As for going nowhere? It is up 14% since the trading update a week ago.
Harathke
Regular Contributor
Average PE analysis is only relevant if the share has been efficiently priced by the market in its history. Calgro has not, hence its historical average PE is quite meaningless.
Rams
Super Contributor
You bring up an interesting point but you probably looking for information to support your bias? I dont see that information reagrding the efficent pricing on the charts or the results , how did you determine that. I have correllated price history(the only truth) with the fundamentals and and thats the valuation i get(720c, the price incidentally it was trading at in September 2014).