Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Short term prospects

AJ_
Contributor
I bought @ R136.00 on Wednesday 21 Jan. Share down almost 10% over last 4 trading days. Do I hold or sell and cut my losses?
10 REPLIES 10
Dr_Phopho
Contributor
Watch gold moves...Gold will have a major impact on it in the short term. And the US fed meeting on wednesday will impact USD and Gold
Not applicable
Hold on a few more days you will break even.. Top up on dips... Lots of uncertainty in the market. The JSE is sitting a few percent away from all time high.. Lots of stocks are very expensive..APN, NPN etc.. I am thinking we will have a pullback soon..Furthermore the US needs to devalue the dollar abit, it has gained massively against euro so that would also bode well for gold price..Just my opinion..
Not applicable
Hold on a few more days you will break even.. Top up on dips... Lots of uncertainty in the market. The JSE is sitting a few percent away from all time high.. Lots of stocks are very expensive..APN, NPN etc.. I am thinking we will have a pullback soon..Furthermore the US needs to devalue the dollar abit, it has gained massively against euro so that would also bode well for gold price..Just my opinion..
Not applicable
Theres also a trading statement out tomorrow, so if it exceeds market expectations we could see a move and the opposite is also a possibility.
Cedric_1
Contributor
Difficult call. Charts are showing a slight pullback on Gold and possibility of weakening of Rand. On basis of that i sold SGL a few days back and it is now 14% higher!
FEK
Super Contributor
Gap up this morning, stick with it.
Not applicable
powergirl
New Contributor
The chances of ANG going up any further in the immediate future is unlikely with all the talk of interest rate hikes in the US...
powergirl
New Contributor
The chances of ANG going up any further in the immediate future is unlikely with all the talk of interest rate hikes in the US...
vv
New Contributor
Now that US hasn't changed the interest rates, what's your take? Is this share ever going to recover over the next 9 months?