Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

So where is value to be found?

partridge1
Regular Contributor

How many of you think that value is starting to appear - as in good busineses with a good moat with good management and which are not going to hit a debt wall - is to be found? 

9 REPLIES 9
Preston
Super Contributor

(omo) Sibanya, Aspen and Advtech

@partridge1 wrote:

How many of you think that value is starting to appear - as in good busineses with a good moat with good management and which are not going to hit a debt wall - is to be found? 

partridge1
Regular Contributor
Aspen is on my own list and is starting to look good.
partridge1
Regular Contributor

CFR to my mind could flatter to deceive but could produce excellent results in the year ahead. 

Vasilis
Contributor

I could agree with you that some value could be found but Aspen has steadily been declining since 2015.  What is the market telling us? At the current price of R172 all I can technically see is  a dead cat bounce back

to R220. This may be good for a trader but for a longer term investor I see further downside targetting +/- R130. I maybe wrong. It's only my opinion for what it's worth. Happy hunting.

partridge1
Regular Contributor

I SUPPOSE the question always  was and is - what are you buying into.  And that seems  undervalued.   

moneycat
Contributor

MTN is good value for me at the moment

partridge1
Regular Contributor

I think there is another 5 -10 % decline in the offing....so wait is a good word for me. Cos its all getting cheaper where I am looking anyway.   

moneycat
Contributor

Naspers price dropped to yearly low  2 days ago.  Bought some.

geordie1
Super Contributor

I do see value in current market-my style is I chase dividends and invest for the long term-had a look at Aspen-like the company but still looks expensive re my dividend criterea -Coronation looks enticing and Investec Property-both of these will be hopefully paying div  and distribution before the end of this year-Investec have informed market its not going to be as good as they first thought but still an increase on last year-Coronation unlikely to shoot the lights out as their assets under management have declined a long with the rest of market .Many Propery and Financials(banks especially) look  like they are worth a punt-of course predicting the bottom is a fools game so maybe more value to come-I like this market