Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Sold !

mullet_fish
Regular Contributor
This was a crazy story for a tarnished parastatal that looked like it was going under. Many moons ago I bought at R30, sold half at R20 (loss), dropped to R10, climbed to R75, dropped to R55 . Today I sold the balance.Happy to be clear of this troubled telecoms share. I still don't understand how well it did...pure luck. However operationally Telkom (phone and internet) seems strong...so reliable...why would anyone need Mweb,etc ???
1 REPLY 1
Vypir
Contributor
I'm with you. This share made me a lot of money (I bought CFDs @ around R30) but it is a scary little bugger. I only have about 10% left in it - maybe it is time to close out. I don't understand this latest dip; the CEO (Maseko) is doing really well and the company has never been leaner than it is now and he is not planning to stop. The read the future very well and made sure they have the right technologies in place. Most people do not even realise that their "alternative" ISP still utilises Telkom. It is sitting at a PE of under 9... maybe I'll hold on a little longer to see if it can defend R50.