Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

TFIA account

Vince
Contributor

Which ETF's do you guys recommend for the tax free account? Mine is not working for me AT all even SATRIX40 is really struggling.

thanks

4 REPLIES 4
Russ
Super Contributor
Hi Vince, a few days ago I went through all the TFSA instruments as I am looking to buy some more in early March. I held stxres from Feb/March 2016 until 30 Nov 2016 when I sold them. They did pretty well. On 3 Jan 2017 I bought stxind which is doing ok. When I went through the list I marked several of them that looked interesting for the next few months at least. Unfortunately I am not at home and will only have access to my list tomorrow. I will have another look when I get home and give you my views then. I believe the current year for buying TFSA ends on 28 Feb so those who are not in can buy before end Feb and again in early March (which is what I did last year)). I will probably stay with stxind for a while but I want to buy something else in March to spread the risk.It is important to note that when you sell a TFSA instrument you must leave those funds in the TFSA account where they can gain interest until you buy again. As other forumites pointed out to me a while back, if you take the money out of that account you can't put it back in again!
Vince
Contributor

Shot thx Russ that would be great. One question I have is how would they know if you placed the money back into your account? I keep adding money into my TFIA account whenever I have extra, so that money could come from anywhere.

My ETF's:

CORESEW40

DBXFT100

DBX WORLD

SATRIX 40

SATRIX FINI

SATRIX INDI

Any comments/recommendations welcome.

thanks again.

Galuc
Super Contributor
STXDIV is my next batch
Russ
Super Contributor
Vince, in order of preference I like stxfin and stxdiv.