Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Think Lab R10

007REN
Occasional Contributor
I think Lab is running .... R10
7 REPLIES 7
rsalie
Super Contributor
Not applicable
That is one helluva deal they just struck. But by their own forecasts, they are expecting 17c per share in attributed earnings. At a PE of ten, that puts the stock around 170. You have serious faith in the transportation logistics industry to be putting their stock on a PE of 50!
Not applicable
Having said all of this - this demonstrates the power of BEE investment companies. They have access to cheap capital and they have companies that have to sell under duress - always a winning combination. I still hold GPL - hoping they will pull off the same
kwagga
Super Contributor
Think there was some serious insider trading on this share.
Brommie
Frequent Contributor
After Lugiewp punted this so much I had a look at it. Speculated small change. If the company is going to issue shares to finance the purchase of RT at 150, should one hold, buy or sell?
rsalie
Super Contributor
I would say potentially all 3, depends on where you coming from. BUY if you believe in the co being bought. Try to get shares cheap. HOLD if you have shares and have a LT view on this deal. SELL if you want to lock in your profits. Problem with LAB is that they have not been over 30c very much in the last 5 years. Thus, everyone that bought during this time is sitting on some decent profits. So, why would they not want to sell now and lock in profits. Keep in mind that there is R325million of debt. This needs to be financed. Also, if BEE shareholders come in at 150c, there is always the risk that they might not keep their head above water if the share price doesn't work in their favour. PS: I find it very confusing how a co that has not traded very much over 30c the last 5 years can issue shares at 150c. Sounds like a scam to me.
Buck
Occasional Contributor
Hmmm, RTG lost a major contract running iron ore from Phalaborwa to Maputo recently, has to affect their projected numbers substantially.