Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

What am I missing?

TheInvestor
Contributor
Just started looking at this share. In ZAR terms, the Iron Ore price has increased by 25% in the last 6 months, while the share price has decreased by 77%. Now I know that the China slow down has a lot to do with it, but does it account for all the drop? Is there something I'm missing?
3 REPLIES 3
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
I'm taking a nibble here below R30. There are no support lines so this is a gamble and KIO will drop until the sellers are done. Not the response you want but "C'est La Guerre."
G_V_V
Super Contributor
It's the same story over and over, be greedy when others are fearful and be fearful when others are greedy. You will only understand that when you have been in the market as long as I have using your own money and survived all that time.
TheInvestor
Contributor
Looking at the SENS announcement on 6 November 2015, they stated EPS would be ZAR6.86 lower than 2014, making anticipated EPS for 2015 of +/-ZAR26.50? And this announcement was before the possible ZAR blunder in December. Would this mean then that the current PE is +/-1.1?