Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

What is causing the drop in TKG?

Brainware
Frequent Contributor
I looked at news - nothing anywhere except that the government is NOT selling their shares But it seems like dumping by someone Where can one see who is selling?
0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
D4
Occasional Visitor
Agree - can't see an obvious reason, but it is making me edgy...
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
i just sellers .. some days they win some days the buyers win .. mostly buyers been winning lately ..
0 Kudos
Vypir
Contributor
I agree, look at the volumes: not very high so no big sell-offs - It is a knee jerk reaction. Everyone has always been edgy about Telkom so the knee jerk is a bit more drastic than usual. I for one am buying a little as it goes down... not too much though: I might be wrong :-)
0 Kudos
Brainware
Frequent Contributor
Yip Im looking to buy but have it does not seem to settle It just goes down, and it then it goes down He he Is there a place where one can see who is selling?
0 Kudos
Russ
Super Contributor
I can't access my charts. Can someone tell me where the support line (of the uptrend) comes in if you look at the last 6 months? Has this been broken? Thanks
0 Kudos
Brainware
Frequent Contributor
It has just broken the Daily 50 Sma to the downside @ 73.44 It has broken the 78.78; 74.95 horisontal lines already Next horisontal support is at about 70.82 Im not sure if you are referring to the 21Oct - 26 Jan to now support line - just broken below that as well
0 Kudos
Russ
Super Contributor
Thanks Brainware.Probably just overshot the mark intraday. I am holding out for R100.
0 Kudos
smdInv
Occasional Visitor
Maybe its the labour court's ruling that Telkom is not allowed to retrench? Seems a drastic reaction but no retrenchments means higher cost structures than Telkom is aiming for. http://ewn.co.za/2015/07/09/Telkom-says-Labour-Court-decision-is-immaterial
0 Kudos