Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

What is causing the drop in TKG?

Brainware
Frequent Contributor
I looked at news - nothing anywhere except that the government is NOT selling their shares But it seems like dumping by someone Where can one see who is selling?
8 REPLIES 8
D4
Occasional Visitor
Agree - can't see an obvious reason, but it is making me edgy...
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
i just sellers .. some days they win some days the buyers win .. mostly buyers been winning lately ..
Vypir
Contributor
I agree, look at the volumes: not very high so no big sell-offs - It is a knee jerk reaction. Everyone has always been edgy about Telkom so the knee jerk is a bit more drastic than usual. I for one am buying a little as it goes down... not too much though: I might be wrong :-)
Brainware
Frequent Contributor
Yip Im looking to buy but have it does not seem to settle It just goes down, and it then it goes down He he Is there a place where one can see who is selling?
Russ
Super Contributor
I can't access my charts. Can someone tell me where the support line (of the uptrend) comes in if you look at the last 6 months? Has this been broken? Thanks
Brainware
Frequent Contributor
It has just broken the Daily 50 Sma to the downside @ 73.44 It has broken the 78.78; 74.95 horisontal lines already Next horisontal support is at about 70.82 Im not sure if you are referring to the 21Oct - 26 Jan to now support line - just broken below that as well
Russ
Super Contributor
Thanks Brainware.Probably just overshot the mark intraday. I am holding out for R100.
smdInv
Occasional Visitor
Maybe its the labour court's ruling that Telkom is not allowed to retrench? Seems a drastic reaction but no retrenchments means higher cost structures than Telkom is aiming for. http://ewn.co.za/2015/07/09/Telkom-says-Labour-Court-decision-is-immaterial