Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

What's the time horizon you guys are looking at ?

Hiro
New Contributor
Are you guys in CHP for the short term (1-3 years) or the medium term (3-5) or longer (10+) ?
7 REPLIES 7
Vince888
Regular Contributor
I am in this for medium term. With cagr over 20% for the last 3 years. I think this will do well in the medium term. Not so sure in the long term as they compete with big players like shoprite, woolies, pnp, spar etc. But will wait and see what happens.
Hiro
New Contributor
well, one day in and i'm very happy :-D bought at 510 and its alrady up to 550
Vince888
Regular Contributor
Got in @ 490 cents through ipo and will probably add more at a later stage.
2012Trader
Occasional Contributor
Bought at 545. In for the longer time. Will buy more if there is a pullback. I kind of believe in most food retailers.
Nizer
Not applicable
I think short to medium term depending on performance. They are expanding into Kenya, lets see how that goes.
malefi
New Contributor
At the current moment, it's always rare to find a choppies supermarket at the same shopping centre as shoprite, pnp or spar. I think they're trying to avoid direct competition on the ground as much as they can and this seems to be working for them. Given the rate at which shopping centres are popping up these days, if they can keep using this strategy in medium to long term, they can raise enough capital to expand across the continent. The long term horizon is the one worth looking at.