Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Where is the gold critics

Eppies
Frequent Contributor
I bought this share at R1,90 and is over 100% up and still thing this bull run is not over. And I do not believe we are experience dooms days or the end of the world. I also made good money out of Harmony that I also bought Harmony at R9,80. For how long is gold at R580 000 going to last an keep on pushing the share prices up. Must I thanked my good judgement or Zuma.
18 REPLIES 18
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
here I am :)
If you bought DRD in last year you made money, but if you bought any time in last 100 years you lost money .. hmmm
Not applicable
You honestly believe Jacob Zuma has influence over the gold price? How much influence over the global state of affairs do you think he really has? And yeah, you made money on your DRD trade - nice. But that is the nature of investing. Win some / lose others. Just win more than you lose - and as Simon says, plenty of people were singing the praises of gold stocks over the years, we don't hear them singing anymore.
Russ
Super Contributor
Once drd breaks through R400 I can see it going to R600+
Russ
Super Contributor
Eppies
Frequent Contributor
It is all about timing. There is a time to buy and time to selling. It is a horses for courses scenario.
Hali
Super Contributor
Gold will do well this year.. Theres a lot of fear in the markets...Currently the market is being moved by sentiment purely
Not applicable
DRD just made my day today :D Seems this share will do really well soon
Wizard
Super Contributor
Buying at 190 was still scary business. But a perfect timing well done!
Preston
Super Contributor
@Wizard, Hi Wizard, how are you doing?
Wizard
Super Contributor
Hi. Doing well thanks. I make a very seldom appearance in the chat room these days. I mainly used it in the past to learn things from it. But DRD is a such a crazy share....I won't miss to add my 2c worth in it. And I asked the old forum member SAASH to marry............and she turned me DOWN!! She says I'm too crazy for her.....damn
Preston
Super Contributor
@ Wizard, Yes, i remember her. Her loss is the forum gain. It is good to see you posting again.
DU
Occasional Contributor
The Gold party is just beginning. The dollar index surged from 80 to 100 since mid 2014 in anticipation of fed normalisation (i.e. End of QE and US interest rates back to 3% to 5% and Fed shrinking balance sheet). All these where priced into the market at the end of 2015, however the market is now realising that the Fed is trapped. The deflationary monster will just grow bigger and bigger if they continue on the tightening trajectory. Yellen has two options, tighten and embrace a painful deflationary recession or lose credibility by cutting rates and MOAR QE in which case the gold will surge. I think the latter is more likely. The thing gold bears don't understand is that gold is NOT a hedge against inflation, it's a hedge against central bank credibility
Wizard
Super Contributor
Yes...Facebook does get boring sometimes...lol
Wizard
Super Contributor
Saash made a mistake not to marry me...doesn't listen! But she made another mistake too. She had a huge exposure to ABL. May 2014 I told her to get out of there. She didn't listen. August 2014 after I saw ABL going down and started texting her in whatsapp. Before I could finish she sent me a message...."Don't say anything!" ... the rest is history.
Preston
Super Contributor
@Wizard, try again. Last proposal was in a rip roaring bull market, now we are in a bear market,
Wizard
Super Contributor
LOL....She's no longer on this site. Recouping her losses thorough a 5 year real estate renting plan. It's only us left here to worry about all these animals in the circus.
Preston
Super Contributor
@ Wizard Do you have a twitter account? What is your twitter name?
Wizard
Super Contributor
No I don't have a twitter. Just Facebook. SimonPB is a friend of mine there.