Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Why is the share price falling so drastically?

Not applicable
Has any one any idea as to why the share price is falling so drastically? I see the same is happening to Growthpoint Properties. Is Redefine still a good choice to buy into at the moment?
6 REPLIES 6
JulzM
Regular Contributor
U.S interest rate increase,and we shall follow,thus bad for propert stocks
barry_1
Super Contributor
It has just paid its interest out. I still hold. This morning I updated my page on real estate on sashares2010.blogspot.com
Not applicable
Thanks I will go and check out your blog
CHATTYCHAT
Super Contributor
Not the only share to fall "drastically" - all sectors are hammered. The great correction is happening.
WES
Super Contributor
Property stocks are not good investments at the moment, retailers are suffering, their rental income will decrease due to the turnover clauses and interest rates rising.
geordie1
Super Contributor
with a poor growth in gdp and an oversupply of office space there certainly are headwinds in the property sector(and other sectors as well).not sure I see a significant correction yet-another 20 or 30% drop and then we can say for sure that the correction has happened-maybe buy time again at that point