Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Will you keep BAT for next 2years?

samoa
Super Contributor
I have 8% invested in BAT.It seems without direction.Seriously considering to sell and move to PSG,CPI,SHF etc. Please give me your input.Thanks.
5 REPLIES 5
AJ_
Contributor
Check relative strength chart. SHF is far superior to BAT over a sustained period
AJ_
Contributor
Apologies - My chart was incorrect. Over past 12 months BAT had higher rate of growth 36% vs 47% and BAT outperforms SHF
kwagga
Super Contributor
BAT will get a huge amount of money for Pepcor, and they are going to utilize it somehow. Until then, expect this to go nowhere. Some risk in the time value of money. Personally I would leave it in Steinhoff while you wait.
klapka
Super Contributor
I too hold a large chunk of Brait. It is drifting on no news. It tends to be pushed down in the mornings and then back up in the afternoons. Yesterdays NAV sens revealed the dismal situation with their Iceland holding and they have reduced its value to 3% from 8% of the group. At least we know how bad that is now and although there was a knee jerk reaction to that, the share soon recovered. We are seeing resistance to further downward pressure. I am thinking they may announce something very exciting regarding the cash injection but at the same time hope it is not just a special dividend. If you sell with a view to coming back when there's action that is 4 lots of brokerage and you may miss a jump. I shall wait for further news.
AJT
Super Contributor
have done very well out of Brait the past few years, but had same concerns as listed above - exited my position this week after reading this: http://investsouthafrica.co.za/shares/jse/equity-investment-instruments/brait/