Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

York make some very richÂ…oneday

Networth
Occasional Contributor
Nav at R7 and the trees are going nowhere and getting bigger every day. One day the world will have another property boom, commodities will again be the rage and as the Rand will weaken forever York will sooner or later again make a lot of sense. One day...maybe in ten or so years... but it will happen
11 REPLIES 11
suki
Super Contributor
In a long run we are all gone.
Creature_of_the
Super Contributor
unless there is a fire. Are they insured against fire..?..gnome sane
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
Land claims - deliberate burning of her forests...
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
gnome sane, didnae know you was a pg88er .. yip they insured
Yatagan
Frequent Contributor
I had a friend who had R18 million of timber on his farm in KZN. Land claim and he lost the farm - he got R3 million
Creature_of_the
Super Contributor
Kewl thanx simon...yes mostly an observer, with Eagle, Quant,praup, etc in the 90s?...so u were lurking there as well....really miss it ....remember the prostaflow and mouldmed and the laughs .....
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
nope, I ended up owning it as page88, took it over from moneytech
Creature_of_the
Super Contributor
ok kewl... miss it and all the nonsense..
Networth
Occasional Contributor
For me the risk is not to have/watch York. In the years leading up to 2008 crash the price showed massive growth. Buying in 2001 at a 100c and selling in 2007 at 3000c would have shown growth of 3000% over a 7 to 8 years period. R1 became R30. And yes, the risk then was the same as the risk now.
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
Completely different company - different scale and no leverage. Thae had 9.9m shares in issue - so you can't look at the "then" vs "now" share price. On an adjusted basis - that would put the current company's R2,20 level at an equivalent "then" price of R75 a share...
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
Look at MASONITE - with a nice looking balance sheet and heavyweight owners. YORK WILL go in too!