Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

agl

Russ
Super Contributor
closed yesterday on its 15 year support line as well as the neck line of a two month head and shoulders. I guess it took one look into the abyss today and just made a run for it. lucky escape!
12 REPLIES 12
Russ
Super Contributor
But has since then fallen off the cliff.
etrader
Contributor
must be value here ?
etrader
Contributor
must be value here ?
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
Russ
Super Contributor
On 12 November 2012 when AGL was at R25500 I posted as follows: "Don't want to be a scaremonger, but that famous 3 year H and S which started in 2009 is still intact. The neckline was breached in may 2012,the price has come back to retest it about 4 times and it has failed to stay above it on all these occasions. Downside target still about 14000!How about that low on 2nd March 2009?" Now 28 months later agl has just broken down from a head and shoulders which formed between 14 Jan 2015 and 31 mar 2015. The target from this breakdown? About R14400! Graeme Korner and the other fundamentalists should abandon all their speculations,guesses and theories about the fundamentals, closures of operations and corporate action and just study the charts!
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
lol Russ, your view is equally "speculations,guesses and theories" but chart based instead of fundamentals ..
Russ
Super Contributor
Possibly, although for trading I think the charts are more useful for deciding when to buy and when to sell.Long term he might eventually be right, like all the others who have been punting agl the last few months as it keeps sliding further.
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
an surely that is exactly the point ? trading or investing .. different albeit same in that they both use historical data to try and determine out comes .. just different data, time frames etc.
partridge
Super Contributor
This conversation is one of the reasons I would like to see the forum split up into traders and investors...but heigh ho that is probably never going to happen.
mullet_fish
Regular Contributor
Harry O must sit and wonder "what happened" to his beloved Anglo?
etrader
Contributor
Up nicely today
etrader
Contributor
Up nicely today