Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

div with option

Limitless
Contributor
Hi. Can someone explain the sens, options, and how to exercise either option on std bank online trader?
4 REPLIES 4
Vince888
Regular Contributor
You can elect to receive cash dividends or opt to receive your dividends in the form of shares. Ratio of 1.98270 for every 100 shf shares held if you elect to receive shares instead of cash. Bear in mind if you elect to receive cash dividends dwt is applicable. If elect to receive shares dwt does not apply. Check your preferences to see what option you have chosen when you opened your account or simply fill out the form and e-mail it through with your chosen option before the close of business tommorrow.
Limitless
Contributor
thanks... if i change the option today on "My Details / Preferences" to shares, will this suffice?
Barend1206
Contributor
I normally receive an e-mail from [email protected] and via reply e-mail advise them what I want ie in this case shares and they then act as instructed
CHATTYCHAT
Super Contributor
The default is cash - and you have nothing to submit for this. To tahe the shares action is required