Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

lonmin

jannie2
Contributor
Did anybody see some good technical annalysis on Lonmin anywhere ?
13 REPLIES 13
kwagga
Super Contributor
Virtually impossible to do good analysis on the LON chart. It's like trying to check the oil level on a car that hit a brick wall @ 200km/h.
mullet_fish
Regular Contributor
.....why would anyone risk this...phew !
Flyguy
Frequent Contributor
Lonmin concluded 2 deals with investors and gained renewed investor confidence. Looks like the wave from last week just got bigger, and will continue to
kwagga
Super Contributor
Stay away from LON. It's a classic dead cat bounce. They have R7 bil of debt they need to refinance in 2016, with a market cap half of that. You're going to get smoked. My opinion only off course.
babz
Contributor
is it legal to have market cap lower than debt? me don't think so.
babz
Contributor
is it legal to have market cap lower than debt? me don't think so.
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
not illegal but not very good as an investment
aqr
Occasional Contributor
use the 15 min chart with RSI.. anyway Si, do we sell short SAB today on this strength? sell the fact kinda?
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
no, there is a R902 offer on table, about to become official .. short = massive risk
on that point I never trade stocks in M&A play
Hali
Super Contributor
If that's true..why aren't you going long?
Hali
Super Contributor
If that's true..why aren't you going long?
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
becasue I never trade stocks in play ..ether the deal happens or gets canned either way I don't play
Hali
Super Contributor
Rather safe than sorry.. Mr Brown whats your views on the gold sector/price and specifically to ANG