Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

lousy investment

Not applicable
The only good thing to come out of my position in Redefine was they gave me Arrow A & B. But my Arrow positions were so small, I had to pump R10k into each just to get them to a level at which they were tradable. Good thing I did. Arrow up 90% since then - RDF? Flat with paltry dividends (or whatever you want to call the REIT returns)
6 REPLIES 6
geordie1
Super Contributor
ok everyone has their view.been a holder for over 10 years now and as far as I can c I have experienced steady capital growth as div(or whatever u want to call it) has consistently grown.this is what I am looking for>I guess it depends on what you paid and when but for me this investment has proved to be fine
partridge
Super Contributor
What were you expecting ?
Not applicable
I have had it for 4 years, got 65% return on it. My other REITS have totally outpaced it over much shorter periods of time - and they pay better dividends
geordie1
Super Contributor
certainly your return is not impressive but at least irs positive and u have been paid out distributions that have increased each year.my capital return has been over 200% in over 10 years so I AM HAPPY WITH THAT sorry not shouting just cap lock kicked in.I would say a lousy investment would be say African Bank or some of the resource shares but I guess it depends how you compare>you at least beat cash?
barry_1
Super Contributor
I bought RDF when it was first launched, can not remember when. The reason was for the growing income stream, it has never disappointed me.
barry_1
Super Contributor
RPL is the one I'm , concentrating on now. With the recovery in Europe and UK coming into their own, what with their stimulus now better than the USA.