Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

new accquisitions - new profile?

partridge
Super Contributor
I haven't to be honest looked to hard at the sens - but it does seem that this shows signs of better diversification within property that is and overall a probable long term hold- after the next property correction that is.
3 REPLIES 3
partridge
Super Contributor
But that said 1.90% margin is bitterly thin - UK inflation equaling. Plus some coppers.
Not applicable
I am not a fan. I don't think they have a big enough war chest to go after real estate in the markets they want to operate in. Their market cap is like R15bn - compare that to Capco and Intu, with R70bn each. And RPL's heavily in debt, so if you invest in these guys, you can expect a series of fund raising exercises to fund their acquisitions. And you will be making those fund raising exercises at R20 to the pound. Stick with Capco, IMO - or even better, go with NEPI. Much better balance sheets and much better track records
partridge
Super Contributor
what you say is true about the debt and low returns and likely capital raising - Capco is like a magnet to iron filings as far as SA folk go -its supported entirely by the London market which is clearly over priced - but I like their development plans- and I bought ages ago so no problem if the bubble bursts by 50% - or more. ( What I like about the subject share is that its a reasonably well diversified portfolio).