Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

scary offer! how does it work?

koos2
Super Contributor
Look what they've done to my song, Ma Look what they've done to my song Well, its the only thing I could do half right It's turning out all wrong Ma Look what they've done to my song
J12
Frequent Contributor
I'm also not buying unless it drops below 38c. FYI, I also have a few shares in Trans Hex. There's a similar situation happening there with a Mandatory offering. Will be interesting to see how these play out.
J12
Frequent Contributor
With regards to the rights offering, I'm a bit concerned. In terms of the Companies Act: "126. (1) If the board of a regulated company believes that a bona fide offer might be imminent, or has received such an offer, the board must not— (b) issue any authorised but unissued securities; (c) issue or grant options in respect of any unissued securities; (d) authorise or issue, or permit the authorisation or issue of, any securities carrying rights of conversion into or subscription for other securities;"
J12
Frequent Contributor
It's possible that they are in contravention of the Companies Act if the rights offer is done in the mandatory offer period or the agreement for Geomer to underwrite the issue was made during the mandatory offer period. If there are any lawyers on this forum whose expertise is the Company Act, I would appreciate any opinions on whether my thinking is correct?