Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

sleeping quietly

partridge
Super Contributor
Read the OST report, yawned, and bought some more......
4 REPLIES 4
bluenote
Occasional Contributor
Hi Partridge, you warned me about concentration, and I am rather that way on the Rupert stable [4 counters combined account for some 45%+ of SBST portfolio]. Thanks for our recent exchange which was timely. For your info I settled on BLT on the London exchange...damn there's that word concentration again...Hope its really a diversified company!
partridge
Super Contributor
Well the Rupert's are one thing and the businesses are another - or at least that's how one should see them. But as you will have read the REI report you will like me be pleased to see that the weed is simply a means to an end - via its ability to generate incoming cash-flows - which are handsome {because you make this stuff on equipment which costs little to run uses input which is cheap ( you just don't know the rubbish you are buying ) and requires little capital outlay - so much so I doubt whether the manufacturing process has changed in 60 years(?)}. Opposite them are the users who will only experience cash outflows as a result of their addictions. The direction set in REI is clear - financial services - and wholesale one's at that. Good annuity income... enjoy the ride.
bluenote
Occasional Contributor
Thanks Partridge for your really valuable insights which cut to the core instantly. I am not in this league and need to go back to lurking... Cheers! ps AFT seems to be climbing disproportionately and maybe i need to trim my exposure. Note: this stock has zero institutional support, but to cut winners..?
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
The danger is a wholesale selloff in BTI for whatever reason - most likely a large judgement. I know I have being singing this thing's praises for some years now - but I have lightened up on REI at these levels. I shall hold the balance of the position going forward - the proceeds of the disposal go to IAP and MSP.