Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

to buy or not too buy?

cuzz
New Contributor
Does anyone have any thoughts on this share? It is listing today, to me it looks like it might have potential as a short term stock.
6 REPLIES 6
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
short term I not so sure, I hold and like long term
kwagga
Super Contributor
this share is all cash at the moment. That cash needs to be mobilized before value to peak through. Long term stuff this.
indium
Contributor
It listed at the Rand equivalent of USD1 based on exchange rate of R14.23 - it should therefore trade close to the value of USD1 - which is slightly lower now at R14.03 - the current share price is therefore at a premium to their USD cash holdings which is USD1 per share. That makes it simple to compare share price to underlying value. Fees to Anchor capital will also be charged for managing the investments. Its performance will be amplified by the Rand appreciating / depreciating over time. Per pre-listing doc it is focused on investing in high growth global businesses with "high quality, strong cash flows, long term growth potential durability and a strong franchise" They must however still deploy the cash and choose these investments which may or may not be good.
warhippo
Super Contributor
Why would one not prefer Astoria to DBX International ETF's
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
it active vs. passive of the DB x trackers
partridge
Super Contributor
At the moment this is a leap of faith. What are the asset managers charging? ( too lazy to read the offer doc) If long term then we are talking minium 5 and perhaps 10 years+.... The stated objectives seem to be so generalized as to be able to mean anything you want them to? So I suggest they invest in apple and PepsiCo for starters - there - that cost us all nothing!