Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

15 REPLIES 15
Penny_Pincher
Super Contributor
Was eyeing this one for a potential long trade and Std Bank suspended CFD new positions on this one. Wonder if IG Markets have CFD's long for this one?...Perhaps Std Bank knows something we don't.
Penny_Pincher
Super Contributor
Was eyeing this one for a potential long trade and Std Bank suspended CFD new positions on this one. Wonder if IG Markets have CFD's long for this one?...Perhaps Std Bank knows something we don't.
sponono
Super Contributor
Yep IG does have a cfd on this one with a 25% margin requirement.
Penny_Pincher
Super Contributor
Thank you perhaps I should consider also having an account at IG.
Preston
Super Contributor
I have an IG account. Platform is so stable. Entry and exit is a breeze. Best feature, is that it does not crush when market is going south ie Brexit , unlike Easytrader...Useless technology.
Preston
Super Contributor
another feature of IG Market is that if you buy and sell the index twice in the month, you get the charting tool for free in other words , you get refunded the R300.
Preston
Super Contributor
At Sbk, their dinosaur charts does not even update EOD data...
Preston
Super Contributor
However some may argue that ig market has a wide spread in respect of their index. My counter argument is all you need is to cover you entry and exit cost and you can get that charting tool for free.
Preston
Super Contributor
I also love the R2 index contract they provide for beginners like me, which is actually R4 a point. (min is 2 contract)..
Preston
Super Contributor
However i still prefer OST, with all its fault and shortcoming when it comes to trading cfd's and share.
Preston
Super Contributor
If SBK were to introduce a R2 index contract (min 2 Contracts) and provide charting tool for free (Subject to certain trading conditions) and replace Easy trader, i firmly believe it will not only increase turnover but also profitability in term of increase traffic volumes.(omo)
suki
Super Contributor
i said the same thing back in 2011 (i was suggesting R5 as an alternative too).
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
preston you could trade the ALMI here, it a R1/pt contract
Preston
Super Contributor
@simon, Margin for IG market for 2 contract is R2750. SBK is R4500 (+/-)for 1 contract therefore 2 contract will be R9000. It is rather expensive to trade a ALMI index. Another factor is that those contracts (IG markets) can be closed anytime.
sponono
Super Contributor
So far so good