Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

Community

Share knowledge. Find answers. Ask questions.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

what am I buying ?

Regular Contributor

Perhaps the better question is "What are they selling"?. So I get this email offering me an unintelligible, to me anyway, offering from OST . It appears to offer upside

and to keep this short let's just stick to one  = the one on the FTSE (Both sent me by OST. ) Its a ZAR referenced product. I am not sure anyone has the time to try and work out the gist of the offer

but my question is - what is it supposed to be addressing - a return better than UK (?) cash - or what. I cannot see any detail of the tax position - I assume its going  to give rise to (hopefully ?) at least a capital

gain?   What does OST get out of this promotion - the fees highlighted? What beats me is if you are prepared to invest in the FTSE for 5 years what the heck is the point of earlier exits, once having made that committal,

and why would one not just buy the FTSE index with a portion and ( if you must!) minimise risk by leaving a portion in GBP linked cash or similar?  Wiser heads than me can no doubt unravel the string surrounding this.   

0 Kudos