Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

woolworths and shoprite

partridge1
Regular Contributor

Aaah well there comes a time - and even if the timing is not "right" as in optimal , I am selling. It strikes me that the main reason I am selling this share is that it is effectively a business in dissaray - with the albatros of Ozzie - hanging over it - and this ongoing battle to actually make an impact on clothing. Heaven knows who the buyers are but I am tired of seeing them getting it so consistently wrong.

So how about some shoprite - not cheap and with (?) all that money tied up in Angola? heck at least its a business with a clear idea of what its trying to do. And nothing in Oz!( at least that I know of)    

3 REPLIES 3
partridge1
Regular Contributor

nd looking at the just published update and the out of SA results for shoprite... the question to be answered now  is ....?

partridge1
Regular Contributor

Well ,okay, I admit, as regards shoprite , having a clear idea , as I said below , is clearly not the same as executing effectively - but the price is starting to look attractive. But not attractive enough to buy. Not yet, for me anyway.

Preston
Super Contributor

R120, you can start to nibble

@partridge1 wrote:

Well ,okay, I admit, as regards shoprite , having a clear idea , as I said below , is clearly not the same as executing effectively - but the price is starting to look attractive. But not attractive enough to buy. Not yet, for me anyway.