Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Community

A one-stop forum for all your banking questions

Change of OTP from sms to email

FanaM1
Community Coordinator

Hi @Siphesihle4.

Please search OTP change under trending tags. I've shared steps to follow to change your OTP preference.

Kindly let me know if the solutions helps.

Kind regards,

Fana.

Siphesihle4
Hi I lost my sim card so I want to change my OTP to email address
Alandre13
I am not in SA for the past year and will not be going back home in the next 6 months. I really need to change my OPT from sms to email.
FanaM1
Community Coordinator

Hi again.

You would like to be assisted with your OTP?

ina44
New Contributor

Could you help us pensioners please? Ina 

FanaM1
Community Coordinator

Hi @ina44.

Please send an email to our team for assistance with updating your OTP preference.

Kind regards,

Fana.

ina44
New Contributor

Traveling in Europe, I'm unable to open my Standard Bank current account or receive OTP's on SA phone number for a while!

Could this be changed to my email address: [email protected] instead?

FanaM1
Community Coordinator

Hi @Dawn1. There is a new feature that allows you to switch your OTP from SMS to email. It requires you ti be DigiMe'd in order to be able to switch it. Under settings on Internet banking, there's an option "Manage otp preference". It allows you to toggle between sms, and email. Should you have any issues, please do get in touch with us on our email [email protected], reach out to us via Twitter on StandardBankZA, Facebook on Standard Bank - South Africa or call us on 0860 123 000 option 3 then 4.

Dawn1
Occasional Visitor

I would like to change my OTP preference from sms to my email address.  I cannot change it on the banking app I get a message to visit the branch.

I do not want to stand in long queues at the bank.  Can someone change it for me over the phone and which number can I call?

Regards

Dawn