Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Community

A one-stop forum for all your banking questions

Standardbank Mobile SIM card activation problem

12 REPLIES 12
FanaM1
Community Coordinator

Hello @Msemana.

We appreciate you reaching out to us.

Our team needs to look into this.

To connect to the sim team; please email us on Email [email protected] or Dial 135 from your Standard Bank SIM, alternatively Dial 0801 212 577 or 031 819 5321 from your mobile or landline. 

Please let us know if you were able to activate your SIM card.

Msemana
I'm having trouble activating my sim even though i have provided and done everything asked for but in the end it says the sim card could not be activated please try again later, please help
FanaM1
Community Coordinator

Hi @domingos1.

Sim activations can be done on our website, over the phone or by emailing the team. To activate using the website; you may follow the below steps:

visit us at: https://mobile.standardbank.co.za/?intcmp=coza-sitewide-headernav-shop-mobile

1. Enter your sim number (You will find your standard bank sim number on the back of your sim card) 
  2. Entre your ID number
  3. Tick the terms and conditions box 

To connect to the sim team; please email us on Email [email protected] or Dial 135 from your Standard Bank SIM, alternatively Dial 0801 212 577 or 031 819 5321 from your mobile or landline. 

Kind regards,

Fana.

Standard Bank Team.

domingos1
Occasional Contributor
Can you register my standard bank sim card
domingos1
Occasional Contributor
FanaM1
Community Coordinator

Hi @Kgolagano12.

Please search for sim activation under trending tags. There is a solution shared on how to activate your sim.

Kindly let me know if solution helps.

Kind regards,

Fana.

Kgolagano12
I can't activate this sim is continuously saying try again
Thannd
New Contributor
Thannd
New Contributor
Disemelo
I hv done all the things they say im must do it writes emergency only
Siyandangcamu
Occasional Visitor
Keep on saying sim card not regestered on network
mshandu

I have tried to activate my sim card online as per instructions provided but the system fails to process it. I did capture all the necessary information required, i.e. SIM number, ID Number and agree to terms and condition. The message displayed is :"THIS SIM COULD NOT BE ACTIVATED, PLEASE TRY AGAIN LATER".

When I call the mobile call centre number (0801 212 577), this number does not work, you select an option but it keep on taking you back to main menu.

Mazwi

Felix168
New Contributor

Hi, does anyone also have issues with Standard Bank Mobile when they first got their SIM card? I ordered mine online, received it and activated it online immediately on the 7 Jan 2021. It's 12 Jan 2021 today and despite providing all my details including the order number and courier ref number, no-one can assist me to get connected. How long does it take to get connected to the network? How long does it take to resolve this issue? Also called in and sent emails to [email protected], nobody replies to them. Who is the manager , and what is the direct contact? The call center will call me, then ask me to provide more details and say they will call back , but never do. Very disappointed client.