Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Community

A one-stop forum for all your banking questions

Dissappointed

Solved
4 REPLIES 4
KurtWill
Contributor
Kutlwano, unfortunately some of us actually do understand the reasons for early debits including tracking, unpaid, disputes and the reasons for DebiCheck being introduced into the system. Please reviews the comments posted about only debitong an account when a salary is credited as this is incorrect. I have provided the proof numerous times with Sbsa just ignoring me. Simplest solution for me was to change my debit order to the last working day of the Month....... Only because of the incompetence regarding this.
Kutli10
Community Coordinator

Hi Reddy 

We apologise for any inconvenience casued, we have included a solution to your concern and we hope it will help you understand and prepare for the next festive period.

Please shout if you need any further assistance.

Kind Regards

Kutli

Kutli10
Solution
Community Coordinator

Hi Kurt 

We apologise for the inconvenience. Please find the below link in referrence as to why debit orders are usually raised earlier in the festive period.

https://community.standardbank.co.za/t5/Community-blog/Unpacking-the-impact-of-early-Debit-Orders-in...

Hopefully this will provide more clarity.

Kind Regards 

Kutlwano

KurtWill
Contributor
Hi Reddy, you are in a position many find themselves in. Unfortunately std bank do not care and ignore these complaints. The call center is ridiculously incompetent and will ignore you when they make this mistake more then once. Log a Complaint to the ombudsman including any proof you have of advising them and let it be taken forward from there.
Reddy

I just received notice that my December debit order on my vehicle finance will be deducted on the 15th December. This is unacceptable, my debit order is set to run on the 25th. I've just spent 30 minute on the phone with the call centre explaining that I will not have the funds on this date. It's so upsetting that Standard Bank would put a customer in this position and assume that everyone has available funds in December. I am self employed, and don't get paid early in December nor do I get a 13th cheque. This is ridiculous.

Go to the solution >