Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Community

A one-stop forum for all your banking questions

Unwanted car insurance

3 REPLIES 3
Idrie
New Contributor
Took R1400 plus your car repayment or? Because I think i have also experienced such but I have cancelled my car insurance with Auto&general. Can the bank charge me for car repayment plus insurance?
Campt0n
I am in a very similar position. With me they took R1400.
Boitumelo
Community Coordinator

Hello @CindyMel,

We do apologise for the delay in resolving this for you. Please share your initial query and insurance account number here for further assistance: [email protected]

As soon as we receive your email, we will share with the insurance team for further investigation and feedback.

Regards,

Boitumelo

CindyMel
Occasional Visitor
I received a few sms's in the beginning of the year from the bank asking me to send proof of insurance on my car. Did so on the 20th of February and was asked to send a more recent proof of insurance. Sent that in on the 5th of March. Then I received an email from Hollard asking me to send my account number and ID number to update this information. I was not comfortable in sending these personal details and sent an email stating this but did not receive any further replies. On the scheduled time (31st of March) of my debit order to go off it did not go off and I received an sms stating I owe R800 more than my normal premie. I started calling the bank to find out what this extra money was for and they confirmed it was for the insurance. After that I was transferred to the insurance department who told me they cannot cancel the insurance only Hollard can and was transferred to Hollard who, due to the lockdown, do not answer any phone calls and you have to send an email. I sent numerous emails and called the bank numerous times but this matter was not resolved. As the debit order did not go through I called the credit department to find out whether a late payment can be arranged but I was on hold for 30 mins. Then I sent an email expressing my problem.

This morning I received a notification that this insurance and car payment was deducted from my account.

How do I solve this matter? I am 36 weeks pregnant and in this pandemic I dont want to risk me or my baby's health to go to a bank but emails are not being answered and the consultants do not know how to solve this problem remotely.