Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Welcome and get started

Discover your community and let us know what you think

Credit card error NEGATIVE STATUS ONNCREDIT CARD SYSTEM

Leanab
Good evening

Im trying to transfer money from my credit card to my cheque account and it keep on saying NEGATIVE STATUS ON THE CREDIT CARD SYSTEM. I dont understand why as my available balance is enough and its a new credit card. Please can anybody assist me.
2 REPLIES 2
Naw
New Contributor
I have been having the exact same problem
nagnas
Occasional Contributor
Hi :).
I have a thought of what causes this error.
This might differ from everyones cause however since standard bank hasn't replied to any of the queries in the community for the past 3 years regarding this I have done some investigation.

It seems that if you use your credit card account to either (1) do an instant eft or (2) attempted to use 3rd party depositing service which then cancels saying "invalid otp", subsequently causes the reversal of the transaction.

Negative status actually means that your card issuer owes you money in "theory", and since credit card payments can take a while to reflect, I can only assume the underlying std bank services in turn cannot handle the exception gracefully and thus all actions including inter account transfers are halted/non-functional.

I would just like to re-interate that this is what I can deduce and would appreciate correction of my opinion from a technical personelle for clarity.

Hope this helps somebody :)