Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Welcome and get started

Discover your community and let us know what you think

Home owners insurance

BelMar

I am so bitterly disappointed with Standard Bank homeowner's claims process.  I registered a claim in mid-December 2018.  After begging every day for feedback, I was evenutally told that the claim had been rejected due to lack of maintaince.  I then provided proof of maintenance being done and it was agreed an independent assessor would be sent out.  After nagging yet again - feel like a broken record - I eventually received a call from an assessor who assured me the claim would be dealt with speedily and feedback provided promptly but I should him directly if I had any further concerns.  A week later - claims department phones ring for every, emails go unanswered and the "efficient, full of promises" assessor does not answer.  At my wits end.  Time to move all banking and insurance products from this bank, after being a loyal customer for over 25 years and this is my first claim on the property!!!!! .... Disgusting service.  Where do I turn now?

And sadly now this "community forum" has been created which I would hope is monitored by Standard Bank - but how often does anyone even get a reply - I wonder!