Community

Share knowledge. Find answers. Ask questions.

Welcome and get started

Discover your community and let us know what you think

Honoring fee

Highlighted
mrnblgnt
Occasional Visitor

Honoring fee

What is this fee I'm being charged? Std bank manages to keep their reputation up for the bank that will just take money from customers accounts. In real live we call this theft.
7 REPLIES
Community Coordinator

Re: Honoring fee

Hello @mrnblgnt,

The best way to resolve your concerns is for you to share with us your account details with your initial query. Our service team will investigate this and provide feedback.

You can mail us here: [email protected]

Do let us know should you need further assistance on this.

Regards,

Boitumelo

0 Kudos

It is ridiculous that Standard Bank Expects us to pay these fees. I have just been charged R1049 on these honouring fees. When i called standard bank they tell me there is nothing they can do, and that i should call the complaints division.

Pathetic and unacceptable service. I really am changing to another service provider.

0 Kudos
BAREND1108
New Contributor

I am having the same problem. I did transactions earlier in the month and had enough money in my account. However now a lot of debits went off at the end of the month and I got charged 9 honoring fees of R131 each. I can now not buy anything as my entire weeks salary is used up by payments and honoring fees. Hiw must I buy anything in future if I do not know when it's coming off my account. Please assist with this Standard bank
0 Kudos
Makgato
New Contributor

Im shocked to find someone who thinks the same as me ,Standard bank toke R1049.12 as honoring fees.

And they tell me its  the system not them imagen .now i have no food andits the 2nd on the month imagen . what makes me angry more is someone telling me its just how it is ,its the system ... 

0 Kudos
Makgato
New Contributor

How come my honoring fees that you told me you cant do anything about is the same amout as this gentleman R1049

Standard Bank this is wrong and i think you know what you guys are doing .

I wonder if you know we will leave for another bank and our word of mouth will be about this ?

0 Kudos
BAREND1108
New Contributor

To this date I have not received any kind of feedback or assistance from standard bank. Even a hellopeter review just received a generic response and no contact from the bank whatsoever. I went into the bank and was referred to a line manager who also seemed as if she don't really care and kept on telling me how it is my fault.
0 Kudos
Bata

How ridiculous to charge +R1000 for payments of a total of R300. This is theft I am moving to FNB bloody hell. Standard bank keeps stealing from their clients, they have no shame. Almost 20yrs being loyal to this bank and this is how they thank me, by stealing from me.
0 Kudos