Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Welcome and get started

Discover your community and let us know what you think

Honoring fee

mrnblgnt
Visitor
What is this fee I'm being charged? Std bank manages to keep their reputation up for the bank that will just take money from customers accounts. In real live we call this theft.
33 REPLIES 33
Boitumelo
Community Coordinator

Hello @mrnblgnt,

The best way to resolve your concerns is for you to share with us your account details with your initial query. Our service team will investigate this and provide feedback.

You can mail us here: [email protected].

Do let us know should you need further assistance on this.

Regards,

Boitumelo

It is ridiculous that Standard Bank Expects us to pay these fees. I have just been charged R1049 on these honouring fees. When i called standard bank they tell me there is nothing they can do, and that i should call the complaints division.

Pathetic and unacceptable service. I really am changing to another service provider.

BAREND1108
New Contributor
I am having the same problem. I did transactions earlier in the month and had enough money in my account. However now a lot of debits went off at the end of the month and I got charged 9 honoring fees of R131 each. I can now not buy anything as my entire weeks salary is used up by payments and honoring fees. Hiw must I buy anything in future if I do not know when it's coming off my account. Please assist with this Standard bank
Makgato
New Contributor

Im shocked to find someone who thinks the same as me ,Standard bank toke R1049.12 as honoring fees.

And they tell me its  the system not them imagen .now i have no food andits the 2nd on the month imagen . what makes me angry more is someone telling me its just how it is ,its the system ... 

Makgato
New Contributor

How come my honoring fees that you told me you cant do anything about is the same amout as this gentleman R1049

Standard Bank this is wrong and i think you know what you guys are doing .

I wonder if you know we will leave for another bank and our word of mouth will be about this ?

BAREND1108
New Contributor
To this date I have not received any kind of feedback or assistance from standard bank. Even a hellopeter review just received a generic response and no contact from the bank whatsoever. I went into the bank and was referred to a line manager who also seemed as if she don't really care and kept on telling me how it is my fault.
Bata
How ridiculous to charge +R1000 for payments of a total of R300. This is theft I am moving to FNB bloody hell. Standard bank keeps stealing from their clients, they have no shame. Almost 20yrs being loyal to this bank and this is how they thank me, by stealing from me.
Gerhardr
Occasional Visitor
When i opened my account in July. This was not explained to me. All inclusive for a set fee, with a few restrictions. But no where pointed out if you account goes into access then you will be charged the same amount as the debit. Increasing your negative balance.

If standard bank don't reverse these charges and i accepted the account with what i was told. I had a witness with me. Never again charge me for this.

I'm going to the ombudsman abd formally complain.
tso1

this is a day lite robber

Contagious
Bovee2050
What's that honouring fee and now my account is on negative
Jarold
What is this honouring fee?
And why does it charge too much money more than withdrawal fees?
rtjacobs42
I was charged R132 for being R1.50 overdrawn. I sent an email 18 November regarding this and never received any response as yet
MrV84
Same thing just happened to my new account and its strange and infuriating to experience this. I cant deposit money anymore like i was planning to ill be robbed by my very own bank.
Cannyn
I have been charged an honoring fee of R90.00 but I am wondering how com because the last time I made a withdrawal I had sufficient balance and to my surprise I have been charged for honoring fee.

I don't actually understand why and I am not happy at all with unless if I may be given a clearly explanation for such transaction
Lungisani56
New Contributor
Has anyone been assisted with regards to this honoring fee because i have been charged this Honoring fee yet im still confused whats it for
AH3
This thing of honering fee deducted R132 what can I do to stop?
LisaM1
Visitor
Have you received any assistance
Mazwig7
My bank just deducted an amount in my account in the name of Honoring fees, they haven't even notified me via message, saw this when logging on the app. What the heck are honoring fees? Why were we not told about this and atleast received some news about it?...