Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Welcome and get started

Discover your community and let us know what you think

Honoring fee

ashleyphiri
Occasional Visitor
What is this fee, got robbed of R121.00 after I purchased smthing at Checkers for the same amount.
Sonet1

Thank you to the Manager of Standarb Bank Bayside Mall my isue was resolved. What an amazing manager and the way he handeled my complaint and the situation. Dont know if the service is the same with all branches = but he made me stay with Standard Bank dispite the situation or issue we had. Well done to my bank Manager :)

Cyrillic
New Contributor
I also have the same problem. I dont know what is this honoring fee and i have been charged without being notified. Can you please reverse this transact because i know nothing about it... next time please notify us if something like this is to happen
Cyrillic
New Contributor
I also have the same problem. I dont know what is this honoring fee and i have been charged without being notified. Can you please reverse this transact because i know nothing about it... next time please notify us if something like this is to happen
Ksb1
Occasional Visitor
Standard bank just stole my money, they changed R132 for being over draft by R1. 17, am switching banks because this is a day light robbery
Keketso1

I thought my account had been hacked, just to find that you've been charging me R132.00 every day of this month ... I don't even know if there's a point of me complaining when it's clear you haven't responded to any of the prior comments here. What is this "HONOURING FEE", why are we being targetted for it, and why havn't you informed us about this? More importantly, when are you going to give me ALL my money back and how do I unsubscribe from this "honourable" membership?

Phiwah
New Contributor
This is **bleep** service, why standard bank scamming us, we trust you with our money but you chowing it.... Pls Explain what is it nonsense "Honoring fee" is R132.00 from my account 😡😡😡😡😡
Phiwah
New Contributor
You not helping at all Boitummelo... This is **bleep**, bring back our money
Cypher305
Occasional Visitor

What is this honouring fee, am just a student and when I wake up this morning I find these charges against my account. What is going on here, because this seems like a scam to me. Why are you guys ripping me off? Better have an explanation for this or else am leaving this bank

newuser1234

Good Day,

I am a new client and I haven't even received my card yet and already there's 2 charges against my account. I was charged for "cheque card purchase" and an "honouring fee" 

I spoke to a consultant by the name of  Nathaniel and he did not mention that I'll be charged for opening an ccount with standard bank. I was looking forward to banking with you guys but seeing a R300 negative balance on my account before I've even received the card or used the account,  makes me want to cancel the account. Add the fact that the previous complaints have not been attended to, it truly shows the bank's lack of customer service.

Givenmathibela
LMnisi27

How is it that you deduct money from my account in the name of honoring the fee, this is a pure theft done on daylight by @StandardBank.  I am very pissed to learn that thousands if not millions of our people are being molested by terms that even consultants fail to make sense of it. i think this if not resolved will be the good time to look else where.

lpchiloane54
Me too being charged and it is not for the first time!
NtombiNkosi28
Hi I have been charged a honoring fee I don't even know what that is. Can you please reverse the amount and please notify me when all is done. And please cancel that on my account