Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Welcome and get started

Discover your community and let us know what you think

PayPal

Nawaz26
I understand that standard bank does not offer PayPal service nor can you withdraw funds directly from your PayPal account to standard bank how, FnB offers a service whereby you can be a non FNB customer to use the PayPal service however after completing verification with PayPal and FNB for FICA purposes, upon linking my bank account to FNB it took me to the last step where I need to add my standard bank card to the non FNB customer account. This has been a frustrating experience for me as a standard bank client because when doing this im asked to go to my banking up to verify myself but when going in the STB app then there is no option in the app to complete this, which very frustrating because I need to get this sorted as I am desperately in need of the funds, I called the contact center but they didnt have a clue what i was talking about and this is very annoying, im not sure what i miust do I feel like just leaving standard bank and going FNB we living in a modern day generation this is not suppose to be so difficult. I will appreciate if I can get a response on this as quick as possible as I am in need of this funds..
5 REPLIES 5
Steve_woodhall
That's the reason why I ditched FNB!
Zinhlemaseko
It's ridiculous. I opened a FNB account for that exact reason and haven't looked back since. Standard Bank will undoubtedly be the last bank to adopt any modern banking solutions, let alone any Web3.0 banking protocols. Lame!
GoldenHelel
How please write only steps
FanaM1
Community Coordinator

Hi @Nawaz26.

Thank you for reaching out.

To link your account, you will need a routine number below

Our routine number is 043000847.

The linking code is sent to you within 2 - 3 days. You will need to log in to your Pay Pal account and complete the registration process.

Below is the direct link to guide you on how to link your account/credit card.

https://www.paypal.com/c2/webapps/mpp/how-to-guides/link-bank-account?locale.x=en_C2

Kind regards,

Fana. 

Standard Bank Team.

NadsN

This link does not work.

I have experienced similar. I have also had conflictinng info at the branch?!!?
A banker said I shoudl try signing up for PayPal with a debit card. The teller (whenn I went into branch to get the debot card) said St Bank does not offer PayPal and my business banker said my BB cheque card should work, which is probably the furthest from correct info of all 3 sources.... how do you expect businesses to run without PayPal services???