Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Welcome and get started

Discover your community and let us know what you think

Re: how to cancel a funeral plan

jimkinmag
Visitor
I have called, emailed for several days but I can't seem to go through. I lost my job and I can't afford to pay the funeral policy any more and what's worse is that the bank has started deduction already. Please help whom can I call I was given this number 0860123999 but I never go through. I've wasted so much money. The emails I have been given are not going through too. Please help.
5 REPLIES 5
RB2

Which email do i use to cancel my funeral plan - i am overseas

TBT

I ALSO EXPERIENCED THE SAME AND IM GETTING REALLY PISSED WITH STANDARD BANK... WHY DO THEY HAVE THE CANCELLATION DEPARTMENT IF THEY NEVER ANSWER THEIR PHONE?

THEIR SERVICE IS JUST TOTAL not great, ONE OF THE CONSULTANTS WHO I WAN DOING NEW POLICY'S WITH ASSURED ME THAT SHE CANCELLED THE OLD ONES, BUT I WAS THE FOOL.

FanaM1
Community Coordinator

Good afternoon TBT.

We appreciate you bringing this to our notice, and we understand how annoying it may be for you.

For immediate assistance, please email our team at [email protected].

We'd want to hear whether you were able to help. Please give us your feedback.

Regards,

Team Standard Bank

bottlespa
Occasional Contributor

I'm really sorry to hear about your situation. It must be incredibly tough. When dealing with issues like this, it can be really frustrating to not get through to the right people. Have you tried reaching out to a local branch of your bank? They might be able to guide you better.

bottlespa
Occasional Contributor

@bottlespa wrote:

I'm really sorry to hear about your situation. It must be incredibly tough. When dealing with issues like this, it can be really frustrating to not get through to the right people. Have you tried reaching out to a local branch of your bank? They might be able to guide you better.

Also, for more information on eco-friendly funeral options, you can visit Green Farewells https://greenfarewells.com/. I hope things get sorted out for you soon.