Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Welcome and get started

Discover your community and let us know what you think

Unable to FICA from abroad - accounts will be suspended!!

lizettedevil
Visitor

Hi, hope someone might be able to help or provide some helpful information.  I currently live abroad for work and do not know when I'll return to South Africa, but have just received an email from Standard Bank asking me to FICA my accounts or they will be suspended. 

I have the required utility bill and can have my passport and ID document certified, but not able to actually go into a branch to supply these documents in person (*big sigh*).  I've spent hours on the phone to customer service and they keep telling me I need to go into a branch and that there's no other way, which I find hard to believe.  My mother currently has general power of attorney over my affairs and was wondering whether I can send her the documents and she can go into the branch for me?  Or is there another way of simply emailing the documents or uploading them somewhere?

Thanks in advance for any help or advice!

3 REPLIES 3
MandyP
Community Coordinator

Hello @lizettedevil,

Can I kindly ask that you forward your documents, account details, ID number and contact details to [email protected] with the subject line "Unable to FICA from abroad - accounts will be suspended!!" so that we can look into this matter and assist you further.

Kind Regards,

Mandy

The_Dom
Occasional Contributor
My account is suspended and was given this email [email protected]
by the helpdesk which is invalid. Can you please provide the valid Standard Bank fica email address
The_Dom
Occasional Contributor

The correct email address is: F[email protected] (Case should not matter, but the "." is important)