Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Welcome and get started

Discover your community and let us know what you think

"The beneficiary reference number could not be identified for this account holder."

Nick4879
New Contributor

I received the following error message when trying to add a new Wesbank beneficiary:

"The beneficiary reference number could not be identified for this account holder."

According to the Wesbank settlement letter, I should specify my account number as the Beneficiary Reference.

Because of the error message, I cannot add a beneficiary or make a once-off payment with this reference.

Is there another way to pay this beneficiary?  Where is the reference validated?

7 REPLIES 7
TCS1

I am experiencing the exact same problem.  We want to pay into a Wesbank account for one of our cars but can not do the payment, keep on getting the error:  "The beneficiary reference number could not be identified for this account holder."  PLEASE HELP URGENTLY

Mbeeats
New Contributor

I am havig the same issue and i currently cannot pay my settlement please look into this ASAP

Mbeeats
New Contributor

I used the Search for a listed beneficiary function seems to work  but i still get a "Could not process payment: failed" error please help

Mbeeats
New Contributor

Ask Wesbank for the reference when you are using standard bank...they should give you a diffrent reference 

WyWurree

What does this mean when trying to set up MTN as a benificiary

FanaM1
Community Coordinator

Hi @WyWurree.

We appreciate you reaching out to us.

Please tell us more about this so we are able to assist further.

Regards,

Fana.

Standard Bank Team

WayneMac

This is a recurring problem since 2019 it seems.  Reference number does not work....I think it is too long.