Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

A new portfolio -My personal choice.

Rams
Super Contributor
APN, BIL, CML, MTN...and a retailer(can short MSM as a "hedge")
13 REPLIES 13
Rams
Super Contributor
okay...long term, leave out MSM....rather wait fro MPC. Combine that with a core of STX 40 and DBXUS.
partridge
Super Contributor
Portfolio for what - 5 year view ? ? longer term??
Rams
Super Contributor
investment longer term, 10-15 years.
Rams
Super Contributor
But I also have these shares( (not MTN just yet) in a trading portfolio to sell in May. Bought at around the time of Blue Monday, and no derivatives.
Rams
Super Contributor
the core idea with ETFs copied from Simon Brown.
Preston
Super Contributor
@Ram, challenge for you. Do one trade on any share using warrants.
Rams
Super Contributor
i never understood warrants...but liked the idea that your risk is "fixed"...maybe looking at it in the future for holding "overnight"
Preston
Super Contributor
@Rams, excellent instrument to deal with events where there is a fair degree of uncertainty. Sold my mtn warrants today, cos delta was getting way to large for me i.e 90%.
Cilliboy
Occasional Contributor
Look at BILSBB was trading at 5c in April now 29/30c still over 200days to expiry
kwagga
Super Contributor
Good portfolio, except MTN maybe. Retailer - The Spar chart is looking very interesting. Looks like it's gearing up for a break upwards and the timing will be excellent if it can do that with it's next results report around 11 Nov.
Rams
Super Contributor
Yes, MTN not yet, at the right price and when this issue plays out...it would then be lowest risk for higher rewards(Intelligent Investor). So if risk still there, will be a skip skip at any price. Patience and one does not have to do a KIO, i.e averaging down to zero
Preston
Super Contributor
Preston
Super Contributor
Yes, Delta is at 50% , suggestive that option is "at the money".