Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

AEG,GND

Preston
Super Contributor
GVV, My last Kio purchase was +/-R27 , qty 727. I really like the comment on how bear grew horns.
Russ
Super Contributor
Similarly newplat has some correlation with the platinum shares.
G_V_V
Super Contributor
Always check the iron ore price, made a silly mistake today and sold some at R88 before I realized the iron ore price had jumped up over night. If the iron ore price holds up the shares are worth over R200
Preston
Super Contributor
GVV, I follow David Scutt(via Twitter). He usually tweet the latest iron ore price.
Preston
Super Contributor
GVV, I follow David Scutt(via Twitter). He usually tweet the latest iron ore price.
Hali
Super Contributor
They say volatility is down but look at AGL... Friday close - 123 goes to a high of R134 this morning, slumps back to R122 and now back to R130.. That's almost a R31 move on a R100 buck share..amazing
steve_1
Frequent Contributor
KIO...up 20% today!! Never seen anything like this.
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
The prices fell too far. Shipping costs fell 90%. Not a ship on the 7 seas was making a profit. Platinum fell to 50% below the "then" extraction cost. The world's biggest miners were all underwater. It had to turn sometime. I've seen similar before and I've learned to just pick a "silly enough" bottom price... hold my nose and dive in! Perhaps it will pull back! I'll cross that bridge when I come to it!
Hali
Super Contributor
We need a reversal candle a close below the prior days close to trigger a pullback.. I think the pullback is going to be extreme, now the risk is massively to the downside
Preston
Super Contributor
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
Candles are for burning. That should get some response. They will go up until they go down! Higher or lower - there will be the usual slew of "hindsight pattern identifiers." Buy value. Sell it when it stops running or when you no longer see value.
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
so after 36% up yesterday, KIO now only down 50% in last 12 months .. wild
Preston
Super Contributor
@simon, imagine the impact of the company profitability.
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
from the share price move ?
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
It almost makes me forget the pain of some of the positions that went bad - EQS, TRE... The trick now is not to let it go to my head and do something truly greedy.
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
Simon - after the rout - everyone was on about the potential short squeeze in the shares (ANGLO had 1 in 5 shares out on loan.) They have forgotten to mention the short positions in the metal markets. These have not begun to move yet. The shares always pedicting this action in advance! Those are mostly large scale contracts with mega counter-parties. This could get violent. I HOPE!
Preston
Super Contributor
@simon, from the iron ore future contract that was entered into by the company.
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
lol, I would say it violent already ?!
Hali
Super Contributor
China the commodity consumer exports fall 25%...If that's not proof that this rally based on air than nothing will