Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

AEG

Preston
Super Contributor
Guys, your views?
7 REPLIES 7
prancing_horse
Super Contributor
I've been long from 280, been getting in and out, and don't know if wise but have been increasing position every time, so far so good. So far, so good. Currently in and green.
Preston
Super Contributor
@prancing horse, excuse my ignorance, what is it about this share that you like. I am so far removed from the technical and fundamentals of this share.
Preston
Super Contributor
@prancing horse, excuse my ignorance, what is it about this share that you like. I am so far removed from the technical and fundamentals of this share.
Cedric_1
Contributor
As a purely technical investor I take no credit for choosing this stock, but i checked it out after one of the 'bottom pickers' mentioned it. I liked the current rounded shape and that seductive wobble that happened at the 340 level claimed my attention. The fact that it occurred on the 21/89 dma crossover which is my major guideline was incidental.I bought on the 9th March, 2 days early as it transpires, but am currently up by 9.5%. I have now switched to 7/21 which remains positive and have a note to reload on a pull back to the 21 dma. I don't like the fact that it is lower than in 1999 but as a technical trader i will remain to at least the 7/21 turns down.
Preston
Super Contributor
Thanks Cedric. Appreciate the input. There is so much hype around this share. Going to do an bottom up analysis of this company.
Preston
Super Contributor
Thanks Cedric. Appreciate the input. There is so much hype around this share. Going to do an bottom up analysis of this company.
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
I am the "bottom picker" in question - from about R2 - actually "opportunistic value investor sounds better. Just look at AEG's share forum thread for a few of my reasons. Her OZ,NZ operations are her selling point for me. As always - best to do you bottom-up research. Bottoms up!