Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Aspen

JulzM
Regular Contributor
Trading Update released on Fri. Looks terrible,10-15% increase in heps. R300 fair value ?
16 REPLIES 16
Rams
Super Contributor
and Aspen best performer today, up 2.3%.
Werner_1
Super Contributor
JulzM, if 10-15% increase is terrible, what were you looking for?
prancing_horse
Super Contributor
For a share on a PE of 30, the increase in earnings isn't great. I personally think the share is overvalued even at these levels, R300 and lower I would look at it.
JulzM
Regular Contributor
20-25% earning is what i was looking for
Preston
Super Contributor
Vypir
Contributor
Look at EOH then... might be a little late, but the PE just exceeded 30, Trading statement of 20-30% increase, currently trading 12-13% below its high water mark - results due in two weeks.
partridge
Super Contributor
I fall about laughing when I read "terrible" - if nothing else it reminds me of expectations that are in exceeds of likely outcomes and a tooo rich a market - but while the horse is right the fact is that this is a premium counter and you will almost always see it trading at a premium PE. So its not worth a bite yet ...but a bit more "generic"( both ways) bad news and it will be..
kwagga
Super Contributor
Agreed. 10-15% in current market conditions is acceptable, but not at this valuation. We need it a little cheaper, and we'll get it a little cheaper.
Preston
Super Contributor
If i had R1m of Kwagga wealth to invest in Aspen, i would still not be a buyer at the current price... Valuation is far too rich even for kwagga money.
Rams
Super Contributor
i agree with Prestons valuation of 280. But the market will have to move down like it did in 2008 to get there....a good sell- off , and we may just have a real SALE.
Rams
Super Contributor
i agree with Prestons valuation of 280. But the market will have to move down like it did in 2008 to get there....a good sell- off , and we may just have a real SALE.
Rams
Super Contributor
Rams
Super Contributor
Preston
Super Contributor
Now this is a dangerous situation when RAM and I are on the same page.
partridge
Super Contributor
If it gets to 280 then you better be thinking ( or have thought or it' ll be too late ) of a lot more than Aspen.....
Preston
Super Contributor
You make a valid point. Hopefully it does not come to that !!!!