Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

COAL OF AFRICA CZA

Antenna14
Contributor
Hi Guys. What is your view on COAL OF AFRICA, Do you think it will rise after the Mooiplaats sale is concluded... and what do you estimate it will reach if so? above R1.40?
10 REPLIES 10
Quakedog
Super Contributor
Picture this in your mind ..... a horse with a big pile of poop behind? What does that symbolize?
TheInvestor
Contributor
It can only go forward?
Antenna14
Contributor
Anybody know what is going on I dont see any movement on the share??? Anything to do with the The Report of Suspicious trades???
suzi
New Contributor
Rather look at Wescoal.
Antenna14
Contributor
Im already in on CZA... not sure if I must jump ship or hold. Im already at a 12% loss
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
why did you buy it ?? an more importantly what was your exit strategy when you bought it ?
Antenna14
Contributor
I clearly bought at the wrong time... but with the hopes it will rise again because of the mooiplaats sale... It did rise again to a point where I was at a 5% loss... Im sure I should of sold there but I think greed may have kept me holding... now Im down 17%,I guess what you implying is that I shouldve had a stop loss in place, But with a share that is unstable like this one at the moment wouldnt I be shooting myself in the foot? Also I think the Rumour of the Shady trades may have affected the performance in the last two days...?
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
so you didn't have an exit strategy, which means this is just a hope to make money .. an importantly exit strategy includes an upside exit at profit .. So now ignore the price you paid and decide on an upside and downside exit strategy .. all the potential is meaningless, look at ABL, it went to zero and without an exit strategy anybody holding it lost 100%
sponono
Super Contributor
“The speculator’s chief enemies are always boring from within. It is inseparable from human nature to hope and to fear. In speculation when the market goes against you, you hope that every day will be the last day – and you lose more than you should had you not listened to hope – to the same ally that is so potent a success-bringer to empire builders and pioneers, big and little.”
Antenna14
Contributor
Thank you for your advice.