Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Company News - vanished

klapka
Super Contributor
The button titled "Company News" under shares on my home page has been removed. Is this the same for all or just for me?
15 REPLIES 15
jobs
Not applicable
Siener
Contributor
The_Trader
Frequent Contributor
Same here. It was a very handy function. Anybody know why? I am guessing for security reasons.
Alvg
New Contributor
Hello, also noticed that and did send an e-mail to support. No response as yet. Now we have to check news about companies on web browser search.
Lindsay_1
Contributor
Found it - Click on Company Profile and then below all the Company Directors they have put it there
Rykberg
Occasional Contributor
The old company news button linked you to a different source. The link under Company profile has always been there and is far more useful than the other one, have not used the other one for yonks.
Ben_ladin
Contributor
Lindsy no it was a link that take you to news that was publish in the media . and a "very good" tool . OST is supposed to help us. but is seems they have turned against us .WISH THEY WILL PUT BACK
klapka
Super Contributor
Reply from OST to my query. Pity, it was a very useful link. """Company news Kindly note that there was not enough usage of the link and this did not justify the cost associated with it, hence it has been removed. We apologize for the inconvenience caused."""
rosszar
Contributor
Thanks for the feedback, pity they did not make it known to everybody. This is extremely poor, it was one of the most useful functions of this site and I used it all the time. I am going to start looking around for another platform.
klapka
Super Contributor
I too used it all the time. In fact it was one of the reasons I moved from PSG years ago. I don't really care which trading platform I use. I do not want stockbroking advice and if one could cut them out and use Stock Exchanges directly I would. In this internet age perhaps that is something the JSE and others should consider? Trading would certainly be more profitable.
The_Trader
Frequent Contributor
Sounds like a lame answer from them. There are less used buttons on my profile which they rather could have removed.
orange68
Super Contributor
so every link ost has on their website costs them? they should have rather removed their buy sell consensus which is usually wrong and their contact us menu because they never do reply. and boom that just saved them a packet
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
folks this was just an RSS feed .. here's how you make your own ..

Go to Google, type in name of stock and select the 'news' tab .. boom .. I know massive hard work, but a pretty decent hack and in many ways better as it not curated ..
rosszar
Contributor
Point is..why remove a function that was very useful too many. Does the client not matter anymore?? I can also look up lots of other things on google that i get here!
CHATTYCHAT
Super Contributor
Go to the company profile where directors, dealings, brands and all is available. Select Company news - Voila!